Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Update

John did not get into the Lubbock Police Academy. We were shocked. But we agree that what is meant to be is what will happen. John has been focusing on & trusting in the verse in Jeremiah (29:11?) that talks about having a plan to give you hope & a future. He believes that God is guiding him into the right path for him to follow ... and it looks like being a cop isn't his path, at least not now & maybe not ever.It has been really nice to know how many people have been thinking about, praying about & supporting John in this endeavor. We have the best friends & family! THANKS!

2 comments:

Allison said...

We were really sad and surprised to hear the news. I just knew he would get in. I was really sad, but then I thought about the whole military thing and how that didn't work out and it ended up totally being for the best. Elizabeth prayed last night that God would "help uncle John be a police officer." But I am sure that God does know what is best even when it is frustrating that it isn't what we thought was best. I love you very much. Tell him we're sorry. But his job future, and fulfillment will continue to be in our prayers.

Robby and Lynsey said...

I'm so sorry that John didn't get into the academy. I know you guys must be trying to refocus and make decisions about what to do next. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you as you try to remain patient and faithful to God's calling for your lives. Blessings.