Friday, September 15, 2006

Life Lessons










Last week we participated in a "birthday party" for Knipling Krayola Kids. It's an annual fundraiser for the Covenant Children's Hospital. We purchased toys for the kids & then we brought them to the birthday party. I really want my children to know the importance of living a life of servanthood. I hope they see that through the life John & I lead, too.
I was also amazed by the generosity of the staff from Albertson's on Slide. They not only brought cake for the party...but also boxes & boxes of gifts & balloons - many of which they delivered immediately to our pedi patients. It was wonderful to see the selflessness of my co-workers and my children.

The Knipling Krayola Kids will also have a fundraiser on Friday, September 22. Lunch (Pedro's tamales, cokes & ice cream) will be sold on the lawn outside the Children's Hospital to raise more money. Every purchase gets an entry into a drawing of 30 or more prizes (including a basketball signed by Coach Knight, Brighton purse, multiple gift certificates, Mary kay gift basket, etc). I will be there selling food - so stop by to say hello & support a great cause. 100% of the proceeds go directly to the kids. PLEASE JOIN US!

No comments: