
I started reading a book from our library (all the books we had to buy and "read" in college and others we have collected over the years). It's titled "How to Think Theologically"... I know, I'm a dork...but 16 pages in & I'm already hooked. Anyway, I found a bookmark in it from one of John's classes at ACU & I had to share what it says.
Vocationfrom the Latin vocare "to call"
Two rules for differentiating God's call from all the others
1 - The work is what you need most to do (you get a kick out of you're work)
2 - The work is what the world needs most to have done
It goes on to say that if you're bored or depressed (or overwhelmed - I added that one) by your work, then you probably aren't helping the world much.
I also recently read (in another book - I already admitted to being a nerd, don't rub it in!) that Benjamin Franklin reflected daily on himself and scored himself daily in the areas he thought were most important in life. He wanted to make sure he was keeping a pulse on himself & making a difference every day. I think that's pretty amazing.
Just wanted to share it:)
No comments:
Post a Comment